Caesura Release History
Latest: 2021.11.19 (Mac only)
Download Caesura for Mac 2021.11.19 (.zip) - requires macOS 11 (Big Sur) or greater
- A shuffle mode has been added via the Playback menu
2021.11.5 (Mac only)
Download Caesura for Mac 2021.11.5 (.zip) - requires macOS 11 (Big Sur) or greater
- Repeat modes have been added: Repeat Off, Repeat All, Repeat One are available for toggling via the Playback menu
2021.11.1 (Mac only)
Download Caesura for Mac 2021.11.1 (.zip) - requires macOS 11 (Big Sur) or greater
- You can now import multiple tracks at a time instead of needing to import them individually.
- This may be slow with large amounts of tracks or when importing off of a mechanical hard drive, and may require additional optimization. Please let me know if this is the case for you.
- The current sort mode is now shown in the table header UI, and descending order is also supported.
- Known issue: Quickly double-clicking a table column header to sort after an audio player has been initialized will crash the app
- The playback controls in the menu bar are now hooked up and working.
2021.10.20 (Mac only)
Download Caesura for Mac 2021.10.20 (.zip) - requires macOS 11 (Big Sur) or greater
- Bugfix: Fixed a problem where songs from all playlists would be listed in each playlist if the keyword search was used at least once.
- Version requirement reduced to Big Sur 11.0.
2021.10.14 (Mac only)
Download Caesura for Mac 2021.10.14 (.zip) - requires macOS 11.3 or greater
The first official Caesura release for the Mac! It's pretty barebones and limited at the moment, but I wanted to put something out there so people get a sense for how it's coming along.
The fundamentals are there and mostly working:
- Songs can be added and removed from the user's library
- Playlists can be created and deleted
- Songs can be added to playlists via dragging from the collection pane to the sources pane
- Songs can also be removed from playlists or reordered within a playlist
- Playback can be initiated by double clicking on a track row in the collection pane and controlled with the menus and toolbar
- Clicking on the collection table column headers will sort in ascending order by that field
- Album is a special case: it sorts by album title, disc number, track number
- Known issue: Sort mode is not saved per collection and does not persist
- Known issue: Current sort mode is not currently reflected in the table header UI
- Library location can be customized in the Preferences window
This version is currently restricted to macOS versions 11.3 or greater, which I fully admit is overly restrictive. I don't think there's any reason I couldn't lower the version requirement to at least Big Sur (11.0) and potentially even Catalina (10.15), but I realized this far too late to do anything for this release. I will see what I can do for the next release.